Business administrators are sought after in a variety of sectors. This Apprenticeship will enable you to develop a highly transferable skills set which can be used in a range of different roles. Your role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. You will engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with both colleagues internally and external facing customers. With a focus on adding value, you will contribute to the efficiency of an organisation by working with teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
Entry requirements are set by the employer for each vacancy. Typically employers will as for 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English or a relevant level 2 qualification.* *You will have to take part in an initial assessment to determine your start point.
What will I study?
- The use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data – including MS Office.
- The importance of good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
- The use of social media to provide solutions.
- Resource management e.g. equipment or facilities.
- Events and meeting organisation, minute taking during meetings and action log creation as appropriate.
- Project management and how to use tools to scope, plan, monitor and report.
Why study with us?
Innovative learning and real-work experience in a business environment.
Expert tutors who support your development.
Our qualification is highly valued by employers and we will equip you with the skills you need throughout your career.
You will be assigned an assessor and a progress coach to ensure you are fully supported through your apprenticeship.
What could I do next?
Progress to a full-time job in a variety of roles such as Project Management, Reception, General Office Manager, Civil Services Administration and Human Resources Administration.
Former apprentice Kelsey completed her Level 3 Business Administration and has secured full-time employment. When talking about her time at ITEC she said: “Completing my Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship with ITEC enabled me to develop both my personal and emotional skills within the workplace. This qualification provided me with the skills that have helped me to further my career.”
Apply online for one of our apprenticeship routes and then we will be in touch when we have any suitable vacancies.