You will have responsibility for creating, and/or verifying and reviewing accurate and timely financial information within an organisation. While studying this apprenticeship your role in the workplace could be with a variety of organisations from an accounting practice to HMRC.
To study this course you require a Level 3 AAT Assistant Account qualification as well as at least a 4/C in Maths and English.
What will I study?
- The transnational processes and support provided by accountancy firms or the accounting function within an organisation
- How to enter accounting transactions, perform reconciliation, correct errors and produce a range of reports
- The systems and process of the organisation, such as Sales, Purchase and Payroll
- Basic elements of double-entry bookkeeping and accounting standards required to process financial documents and report financial information to users of accounts
- Current financial standards for basic account preparation
- How to draft final accounts
- How to account for the purchase and disposal of non-current assets
- Basic tax principles to apply current regulations to calculate VAT and submit a VAT return
- How to gather, analyse and report information about income and expenditure
- Support decision-making, planning and control
- How to effectively record and analyse financial data.
- Business Awareness
- IT Systems and Processes
- Ethical Standards
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
Why study with us?
Leading provider for accountancy apprenticeships locally.
We work with accountancy firms to develop deliver career-ready certification.
Our tutors are acknowledged AAT experts with years of experience.
You will be assigned an assessor and a progress coach to ensure you are fully supported through your apprenticeship.
What could I do next?
You can progress on to the AAT Professional Accounting Technician Apprenticeship. Or, you could secure a job in a number of career paths including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.