You will have responsibility for creating, and/or verifying and reviewing accurate and timely financial information within an organisation. While studying this apprenticeship your role in the workplace could be with a variety of organisations from an accounting practice to HMRC.
To study this course you require a Level 3 AAT Assistant Account qualification as well as at least a 4/C in Maths and English.
What will I study?
- The transnational processes and support provided by accountancy firms or the accounting function within an organisation
- How to enter accounting transactions, perform reconciliation, correct errors and produce a range of reports
- The systems and process of the organisation, such as Sales, Purchase and Payroll
- Basic elements of double-entry bookkeeping and accounting standards required to process financial documents and report financial information to users of accounts
- Current financial standards for basic account preparation
- How to draft final accounts
- How to account for the purchase and disposal of non-current assets
- Basic tax principles to apply current regulations to calculate VAT and submit a VAT return
- How to gather, analyse and report information about income and expenditure
- Support decision-making, planning and control
- How to effectively record and analyse financial data.
- Business Awareness
- IT Systems and Processes
- Ethical Standards
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
Why study with us?
Leading provider for accountancy apprenticeships locally.
We work with accountancy firms to develop deliver career-ready certification.
Our tutors are acknowledged AAT experts with years of experience.
You will be assigned an assessor and a progress coach to ensure you are fully supported through your apprenticeship.
What could I do next?
You can progress on to the AAT Professional Accounting Technician Apprenticeship. Or, you could secure a job in a number of career paths including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.
Apply online for one of our apprenticeship routes and then we will be in touch when we have any suitable vacancies.