Develop, implement and maintain complete IT solutions, including hardware infrastructure and software. The role of can be very varied based on the teams requirements, tasks may be very technical and others may be more analytical, business or user focussed.
All entry requirements are set by the employer for each vacancy. Typically employers will as for 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English or a relevant level 2 qualification.*You will have to take part in an initial assessment to determine your start point.
What will I study?
- Different types of network devices, routers and network switches, their relationship to the stack model and the use of firewalls
- Main components of a computer system and their purpose, including servers, end-user computers and mobile devices
- Concepts of cloud, Cloud Services and storage
- Configuration management and version control systems
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Legislation and Ethics
- Attack Vectors
- Attack Methods
- Secure Network Design and Deployment
- Secure Software Deployment
- Testing, Monitoring and Risk Mitigation of Deployed Solutions
- Threat Analysis and Intelligence Gathering
Why study with us?
Leading Apprenticeship provider in the Digital and Technology Sector.
Be taught by industry professionals, including Cyber Security experts.
Thousands of students have successfully achieved the skills and qualifications needed to progress with their career.
Many of our employers have generations of apprentices with many working their way up to managers and directors!
You can complete additional professional qualifications with us as we have academy status with Microsoft, CompTIA and many more.
What could I do next?
Secure full-time employment in roles such as:
- Technical Analyst
- IT Service Desk
- Junior DevOps Professional
- IT Service Desk.