Job Title: Admin/Designer Apprentice
Employer: Sovereign Design Play Systems Ltd
Salary: £161.25 (weekly)
Qualification: Level 3 Business Administration
The position of Apprentice Designer will be in the Design Department producing CAD drawings for the clients and installers based on the notes submitted by our Managers. You will also be taking on day to day admin duties around the office and helping support the team as required. The successful applicant will be joining a vibrant hardworking team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- General admin dueties supporting the team
- Printing and copying
- Accurately draw a CAD plan of the site from the Area Managers survey and design
- Ensure the design meets the relevant BSEN safety standards and keep the area managers advised of any changes
- Candidate must have sound computer skills and previous experience of design is desirable but not essential
- Full training will be provided covering all aspects of the role
- It would be highly advantageous to have a working knowledge of basic technical drawing and a understanding of the related measurements involved – eg. meters, millimeters, volume and area etc.
8am-5pm, Monday – Friday
- Design/Equivalent: 1 year
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to use your own initiative but also know when matters need to be referred to a supervisor
- Enthusiasm, Reliability and Flexibility
- Five GCSEs Grade 4/C or above in GCSE English & Maths (or equivalent).