Job Title: Apprentice IT Engineer
Employer: Onsite Technologies Ltd
Salary: £161.25 (weekly)
Qualification: Level 3 IT Solution Technician
Providing IT Support as part of a team within an established MSP for our client base in and outside London. In time you will be dealing with a myriad of issues from setting up new users or hardware to diagnosing and solving complex IT issues on PCs, networking equipment, servers (both hosted and physical), PSTN/ADSL lines, firewalls, and routers.
Roles & Responsibilities
There are many dimensions to this role, but it is fundamental that the role holder is customer focussed, proactive, a natural problem solver, keen, attentive, flexible, and willing to travel when the need arises. (mostly within London and travel expenses will be covered). Key Performance Indicators.
- Timely and organised approach to dealing with the tickets raised, either to full resolution or escalated to other relevant engineers and the line-manager within agreed timescales
- Full and comprehensive completion of the ticketing system, ensuring all pertinent information is logged at all stages, and tickets are closed in a timely fashion
- Excellent communication with all stakeholders
- Working independently to resolve issues and development of own personal skills to solve more complex issues as they arrive
Accountabilities include but are not restricted to:
- Incident and ticket management/resolution
- Develop a strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating
- Develop skills to help administer domain controllers
- Learn Remote access
- Learn to troubleshoot LAN/WAN network issues
- Learn and develop skills to configure and manage routers/
- Learn to configure and manage Windows servers (AD/DC)
- Domain DNS management (NS, MX)
- Learn administrative skills around on-premises SBS and Ex
- Learn Microsoft Azure Server setups and management
- Retrospect Backup software and tape library management
- Windows and online backup management
- DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT setups and troubleshooting
- Hosted VOIP
- Installing and configuring Sage and ACT
- Outlook – PST exports and imports
- Email migration (backend + Outlook)
- Apple MAC desktop
- Apple Mac server
All other ad hoc requirements of the role which arise from time to time. Your primary job role is learn and develop skills with the help of the other engineers and allied to your external course with your apprenticeship provider to support clients remotely as part of the service desk and in time to visit client sites to resolve issues.
9am-5pm, Monday – Friday
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, and wider team
- A quick learner/researcher.
- GCSE Grade 4/C or above in GCSE English & Maths (or equivalent).